The English Premier League club Manchester City has been linked with a potential £80 million move for Liverpool winger Marc-Andre ter Stegen. The German international is set to sign a four-year deal at the Etihad Stadium, despite not being allowed to play until January after his move from Borussia Monchengladbach was blocked by FIFA.
The “Manchester City ready to swap Raheem Sterling for Marc” is a rumor that Manchester City are willing to trade in their star player.
Discover all of the significant transactions and see how we ranked the biggest acquisitions during the summer transfer season, which was unlike any other. Even if the window is closed until January, the rumors will continue to circulate. Here’s the most recent rumors and conjecture.
TOP STORY: Sterling to be swapped for Ter Stegen?
According to El Nacional, Pep Guardiola is interested in a swap deal for Barcelona goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen, with Raheem Sterling perhaps joining the Spanish club.
Sterling, 26, has been extensively linked with a move to the Etihad, with Guardiola reportedly interested in a swap with midfielder Frenkie de Jong, but the offer was rejected down.
Instead, City has made a bid for Ter Stegen, who is seen as a viable backup to No. 1 goalkeeper Ederson.
Barca president Joan Laporta and manager Xavi are thought to be opposed to any deal for the Germany international, even if it is for Sterling.
The Catalan club’s 29-year-old goalkeeper has been a crucial player for the previous several years, and despite a drop in form after suffering a knee injury, he is still seen as a major leader.
Sterling, on the other hand, has been heavily connected with a January loan move to Barcelona, with the club aiming to enhance their firepower in the absence of Sergio Aguero, who is out for the foreseeable future due to a heart scare.
However, there is thought to be another stumbling block in any prospective trade, with the cash-strapped Blaugrana finding Sterling’s big pay impossible to attain.
– LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, and more on ESPN+ (U.S.) – Watch ESPN FC every day on ESPN+ (U.S. only) – Don’t have access to ESPN? Get immediate access
Man City has allegedly suggested a swap deal in response to Barcelona’s persistent interest in Raheem Sterling. The FA’s Eddie Keogh
GOSSIP ON PAPER
– According to writer Ekrem Konur, Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain are interested in signing AC Milan player Franck Kessie. The 24-year-contract old’s expires at the conclusion of the season, which means he’ll be free to go in the summer and might sign with teams overseas in January.
– According to Calciomercato, new Newcastle boss Eddie Howe wants to sign Manchester City defender Nathan Ake in January. The 26-year-old has been used as a substitute at Manchester City, but he might be a first-team option for Howe, who he played under at Bournemouth.
– According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Real Madrid and Barcelona might compete for Napoli midfielder Eljif Elmas. The 22-year-old has been in and out of the first squad, with both Spanish clubs interested in his potential.
– According to writer Ekrem Konur, Marseille are trying to recruit Arsenal defender William Saliba on a permanent basis. The two teams are expected to begin negotiations over a possible transfer, according to the report, with the 20-year-old excelling for the Ligue 1 side so far this season.
Denis Zakaria has been linked with moves to Manchester City, Liverpool, Juventus, and Roma in January. According to Calciomercato, all four clubs are interested in signing the out-of-contract Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder, who has his heart set on a transfer to Barcelona.
The “raheem sterling espn” is a rumor that Manchester City are ready to swap Raheem Sterling for Marc.
- raheem sterling net worth
- arsenal transfer news
- raheem sterling to arsenal
- raheem sterling transfermarkt