How to resolve DLLRegisterServer failed with error 0x80070715 in Windows PC.
The “call to dllregisterserver failed with error 0x80070715” is a common issue that can occur in Windows PC. This article will explain how to resolve the problem.
Update: Use our optimization tool to stop receiving error messages and slowing down your machine. Click here to get it right now.
When users attempt to access Windows Security or System Restore, among other things, DLLRegisterserver fails with the error number 0x80070715′′. This means that the “DLL” file is either corrupt or missing entirely. Depending on the application or function that is generating the error, there may be a number of different causes.
The error’s specifics may seem to be complex, but the remedies are straightforward and quick to execute. Follow the steps in the article in the order they are listed until the problem is resolved.
What causes the 0x80070715 error?
Damaged Windows Security program: If you only see this problem while attempting to conduct a scan via Windows Security, it’s possible that the application is corrupted. If this is the case, use the Windows GUI menu, Powershell, or the extended command line to do a reset.
The Volume Shadow Copy service is deactivated: If you get this error while trying to use the DllRegisterServer commands from the CMD terminal or Powershell, it’s possible that the Volume Shadow Copy service is disabled. If this script applies to you, you may be able to fix the issue by turning on Volume Shadow Copy on the Services panel.
Outdated Windows 10: It has been discovered that attempting to access Windows Security due to a missing security update, which is now a required Windows 10 version, may produce this error. If you’ve disabled the installation of pending updates, the only option is to install all of them until your Windows 10 version is updated.
If the issue only occurs when Windows Security attempts to download a new malware signature, the service that is meant to execute the download (Windows Update) is most likely not functioning. You may fix the issue in this instance by going to the service page and changing the service status type.
How can I fix the 0x80070715 error?
Updated in October 2021:
You may now use this program to avoid PC issues such as file loss and viruses by utilizing it. It’s also a fantastic method to get the most out of your computer’s performance. The application easily resolves common Windows system problems – no need to spend hours debugging when you have the correct answer right at your fingertips:
- Step 1: Get the PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Microsoft Gold Certified for Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, and Vista).
- Step 2: Select “Start Scan” to look for Windows registry issues that may be causing your computer to malfunction.
- Step 3: To correct all problems, click “Repair All.”
- With the Windows + I key combination, you may access the system settings.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Update and Security.
- To check for available updates, go to the Windows Update tab and select Check for updates on the right side.
- If a new update is available, Windows will download and install it using the update settings.
- When you reboot your system after the update, check whether the DLLRegisterServer issue has been resolved.
Activate the Windows Update service on your computer.
- As stated in Fix 2, run the Services program.
- In the list of available services, look for the Windows Update service.
- Select Properties from the context menu when you right-click the service.
- To force the Windows Update service to start, choose the General tab in the Properties window and set the startup type to Automatic (Delayed start) before pressing the Start button.
- Perform the same activity that generated the problem after reactivating the Windows Update service to check whether the fault has been resolved.
Reset the security settings in Windows using the Start menu.
- In the taskbar’s search box, type “Windows Security.”
- Right-click Windows Security in the list of results and choose Application Settings from the context menu.
- Scroll down until you find “Reset” and click the “Reset” button in the “Windows Security” program window.
- To restart the program and repair any issues with corrupted files, click the Reset option in the confirmation box.
- Check to see whether the issue has been resolved by rebooting the machine.
Make the volume shadow copy service active.
- Using the Windows + R key combination, open the Run dialog box.
- Services of this kind. To open the Services window, type MSC and click Enter.
- Scroll through the list of services in the Services box until you locate the Volume Shadow Copy service.
- From the pop-up menu, right-click the service and choose Start.
- Perform the activity that generated the problem after activating the service to check whether it has been resolved.
RECOMMENDED: To fix Windows problems and improve system performance, go here.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
- Open the command prompt in a new window.
- In the SysWow64 folder, paste the OCX.
- Make changes to the register.
- Disable any antivirus software from other parties.
When regsvr32 registers a DLL file, it adds information to the Windows registry about associated application files. These registry references may be used by other programs to figure out where these programs are and how to interact with them.
A DLL is a shared library of code and data that may be used by many applications at the same time. The DLL Comdlg32, for example, provides standard dialog box functionality in Windows operating systems. If a module is installed, it may be loaded into the main application during runtime.